Please sign up to receive updates

Click on "Subscribe to OC Public Square" on right.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Open House and a Thank You

Little guys and gals donning fire hats. Costa Mesa firefighters and paramedics explaining to them all the bells and whistles on the fire engine.  Moms and dads watching approvingly.  Today was Open House at Costa Mesa's five fire stations and there was a great turnout, firefighters told me.

Volunteers from CERT (Citizens Emergency Response Team) in their bright red shirts were also on hand to give out coloring books to the kids and emergency preparedness information to parents. 

This week a Costa Mesa resident sent this email note about our CMFD to the City Council:

Your EMT team from fire station Park & 19th came to my assistance in late nite last Tuesday/Wed and took me to Hoag emergency. Thankfully I was able to return home in the early morning hours from the emergency room.

I cannot tell you what fabulous young men you have in that station. They responded to my home almost immediately - delivered extraordinary compassionate - professional - patient and kind treatment on the spot and throughout the trip to Hoag. Then later - when bringing in other "pick up patients" into Hoag through the night - they looked in on me another 2 times - always with a smile - "how are you doing" - just the BEST !!!!!
Please know that I am not a person who easily hands out any accolades, but these men - and their training - deserve special acknowledgement.

I hope you and your family members never need them - but if you do -- you will have the very finest of care you could hope for. They are priceless.

We can count on our firefighters, paramedics and police officers to continue to perform their duties and serve our residents with the highest professional standards.  Regardless of the politics over the pension wars, the public safety employees working for our city continue to do an excellent job and for that I am grateful.

No comments: