Please sign up to receive updates

Click on "Subscribe to OC Public Square" on right.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

So Long A.B.L.E. Hello July 4

It's hard to believe that tomorrow begins a new era in our city.  The Eagle in the sky won't be heard overhead since the City Council voted to dismantle the helicopter program and contract out with Huntington Beach.  I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that the new system will work as well.
I just want to say "thank you" to Tim and the rest of the ABLE team.  There are many in our city who value the force multiplier effects of ABLE.  Yes, it was an expensive program to maintain in these challenging times.  I am hopeful those interested in a public-private venture of some sort will figure out a way to restore Costa Mesans helicopter protection at a lesser cost.

Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July.  We have so much to be thankful for in America and I always enjoy celebrating here in Costa Mesa.  As I have said before, I love living here because I can be FREE to be me--no pretense, no keeping up with the Joneses. We're a little conglomeration of America in Costa Mesa.   We've got conservatives, liberals, Dems, GOP, Independents, Greens, Decline to State, Libertarians, many ethnicities and religions, kids, seniors, boomers...those who love fireworks and those who don't like them.

Yes, this year will be a little different, but I know our police officers and firefighters/paramedics are ready to serve if called.  And I do wish our youth groups a prosperous 5 days of sales.  I'll be out there buying a few more sparklers myself.

1 comment:

What did you expect? said...

Fireworks calls are already going crazy....sigh